This article lists five free Productivity Tools that I use as a Developer.
- Fiddler – Web Debugging Proxy
- Postman – Test, Document & Monitor APIs OR Advance REST Client
- Visual Studio Productivity Power Tools – Tools to improve developer productivity
- JSON Formatter – Format and Beautify JSON data (https://github.com/callumlocke/json-formatter)
- Chrome Developer Tool – Web Debugging Tool
This article will help you to determine whether Office 365 is good or not for your organization, because moving to the Cloud can be a big decision for any business. Below are some of the Pros (advantages) and Cons (disadvantages) of using Office 365.
- Work Anywhere
- Email hosted in the cloud
- Easy and simple file storage and synching
- Easy Collaboration
- Always have access to latest products and applications (Always up-to-date)
- Less flexible infrastructure
- Subscription based
- Data privacy – All your private business data will live on Microsoft’s servers. This might not be a concern for everybody, but for certain use cases it might be even impossible (due to legal reasons) to have your data hosted outside your organization.
- If the internet is down, you may not be able to access work.
- It can be hard to keep up with changing feature set – The features in Office 365 do change fairly frequently. On one hand, you always have access to the latest and great versions.
The Site Mailbox is going away in SharePoint Online. Read below link for details:-
Site Mailbox going away
This is the second post in this category. Here I am sharing the chapter-wise sub-topics of HSC (XII) Physics of Maharashtra Board.
HSC (XII) Physics Chapters sub-topics
We often come across many sites on Internet or intranet and we always want to know that whether the site is based on SharePoint or not. So, in this article I am going to list all possible ways to identify if a site is based on SharePoint or not.
- The simplest way is to check the structure of the site i.e. folder structure or different pages. This pattern may show you a SharePoint Publishing site (Pages/Pagename.aspx or default.aspx). You can also search for /SitePages library by typing in the URL.
- If the site if of high importance OR if the site is very famous, then it will definitely be published as Microsoft case study : http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies
- As we know, SharePoint on-premise server is hosted on IIS (Internet Information Server), so we can check using HttpResponse or by some other tools that which hosting server is used for a particular site.
- Right click on any page and see for “view source”. Click on that and search for meta tag. If it’s a SharePoint site, then it will definitely have:-
<head><meta name=”GENERATOR” content=”Microsoft SharePoint” />
- If it’s a SharePoint site, then it must be calling web services in it. You can call any of the SharePoint OOTB web services (if it doesn’t open, then you will see the legendary “Error page” or “Something went wrong” page). Just access any of the web service present inside the “_layouts” folder.
E.g. – <<Site_Url>>/_layouts/lists.asmx
If you will check or test any of the above one or two points, then definitely you can be say that whether site is based on SharePoint or not.
CASE STUDY: –
Interestingly, while browsing the Indian Income Tax Department website (http://incometaxindia.gov.in/pages/default.aspx), I found that this site is based on SharePoint….voila !!
To confirm on this, I tested using the above points and below are my observations: –
1) Clicked on view source on the home page and searched for meta tag: –
2) Then I searched for init.js, _layouts based structure and other files related to SharePoint:-
3) Lastly, I checked the internal web service of SharePoint by typing this URL in browser – http://incometaxindia.gov.in/_layouts/lists.asmx , and see below the SharePoint Error page:-
Do you still need proof? Well enough, I know its SharePoint site now.
This blog is something unique and not related to SharePoint. This blog is related to school going students who are preparing or wish to prepare for cometitive examinations. This blog will give you complete information about the various competitive exams. Please click on below links to get the details:-